Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tuesday-Run/Massage


Run: :50min. Wash Park, 5:45am
Massage: 1:45

Was planning on getting up and running at least an hour but somehow I managed to get out of the house a little later than I had hoped for. The temp. for Denver said 42*, which I thought was pretty nice since it was 28* up here. Once I was down in town the temp in the car was reading 31*, much colder than I had anticipated so I was happy I threw in some extra clothes just in case.

My run was good, easy warm-up for about 15 min. and then I did some faster paced stuff, 10 min. at first, then dropped to 5 min. and then did a few pick-ups. My legs were so sore before I started today so I really struggled. I have scheduled myself a massage in the afternoon and I can not wait.

Went to see Kelly, one of my massage therapists, she is great...not too deep (which I really needed) but glad she didn't go there as I don't think I could have handled it today. I almost fell asleep on the table. I had scheduled a hour and a half and she worked on me for 1:45...very nice.

She is working in a Chiropractic office and I am planning on trying out the new Chiropractor. She seems really nice and Kelly said she was good. I need to have someone take a look at the bursitis/heel spur on my left heel. Bothers me after my runs and it's keeping me from running 2 days in a row. Hopefully she can help me out. Have the appt. on Friday.

Quiet night at home, watch a little "Lost" and then head to bed early. Andy rode his bike down to work today so will look forward to hearing how the ride was. He can sure handle the cold better than I can.

No comments: