Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thursday: Swim

Swim: 1:00 3000 meters. 4:15pm-5:15pm

Since yesterday was a full on rest day I needed to do something today. I didn't get to bed until late last night as I was packing for the Quad. Way too much gear to figure out for one race! I decided to sleep in and try and find a pool that I could swim at after work.

Work was good, just very hectic as our office mgr. was out. I got out of the office early enough to run a couple of quick errands and hit the pool by 4pm. I went to Green Mountain as I knew they had 4 lanes available for lap swimming...much to my surprise, they had 6 lanes and only 3 of us in the pool. Just as nice as 5:00am!! I had a good 1 hour workout and then back home to finish packing and getting the house picked up.

We leave for Grants, NM tomorrow morning about 8:00am. Talked to Andy this evening and he said he was getting a head cold. Bummer, I know I will probably end up with it just hope it's well after the race on Saturday. I don't have any other races that I want to do or was planning on doing until the middle of March and that is just a swim race if I even decide to do it.

No comments: