Saturday, February 7, 2009

Saturday: Ride

Ride: 3:05 46miles. road bike. 53*


The start of the ride...
Slept in today which I think was about 7:30am....finally had a good night sleep. We have plans to meet in Morrison for a long bike ride. Andy is meeting up with some guys and I was planning on riding on my own. I am in no shape to be trying to hang on with the big boys.

We started our ride about 10:15am and it was 8 guys and me. They said they were riding easy and talked me into going with them. Well, I hung on for about :40 min. and then I told them not to wait for me anymore. I figured since we were doing an out and back I would just turn around on their return. That worked out great. They decided to ride up Lookout Mountain, which I thought would be good for me as well. We took different routes to get to the base of Lookout and I was surprised to see that we got there at the exact same time. I was able to snap a few pictures as they were approaching the climb.

I actually felt pretty good going up Lookout. It usually takes me about :32 min. and I think today I did it in about :37 so I was happy with that since it was only Feb. and we rode long yesterday. I averaged between 7 and 9 mph. It was a little breezy but relatively warm when we started out but 2 hours into the ride the clouds had rolled in, the sun was gone, the wind picked up and the temperature dropped. I had a fairly long descent back to the car so I stopped and put on all my extra clothing. All I could think about at this point was food and hot tub!
Here are a few pics of the day.
Annie on the hog back.


The Genesee Exit view looking west.

Andy at the end of a great ride.

No comments: