Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday: Ride

Ride: 1:00 trainer 6:00pm-7:00pm

I was not very motivated to workout again today, not sure what my problem is. I did get a few things accomplished...a few things in the kitchen that is. I spent my morning preparing food for the week of this "diet" that I am on. I fixed Quinoa in the rice cooker which turned out pretty good, I have never had it before so I wasn't sure what to compare it to. I made Almond milk as well. I had soaked about 2 cups of dry almonds in 6 cups of water overnight and then in the morning blended it all up and drained out the big chunks of almonds. Added a little Agave Nectar and it really wasn't that bad. I think I need a stronger blender as I had alot of left over "pulp". I had it with some puffed Millet (which tastes just like puffed rice) and some blueberries for a nice breakfast cereal.


Cooked up a few days worth of meat in the crockpot and cut up some fruit. I tried making some millet tortillas..they tasted disgusting so I threw those out and tried again with Quinoa flour. They were at least edible so that was a plus. Dinner was fried catfish breaded with Olive oil/quinoa flour/ some of the left over almond pulp and a little salt and pepper. Fried it up in some more Olive oil and it turned out good. Next time I think I will bake it and not fry it as it tasted a little too oily.

I started keeping track of my calories on a website that my sister gave me. It's called FitDay. I was surprised what my calorie count was for the day...it's no wonder I have a tough time loosing those last few pounds....I was being very good today but usually I tend to eat whatever I want. Having a food diary is something that I've always wanted to do but just too lazy to get one started. It's amazing what I decide NOT to put into my mouth because I would have to log it with "Fit Day !!!! I will see how long this lasts. I think I can handle it for the next 6 weeks while I am on my "LEAP Diet Program". I actually hate that work DIET as I think of what I am doing more of a different way of eating but since that is what LEAP calls it I will go with it. I guess if I loose weight then I could think of it as a diet?

No comments: