Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesday: Swim/ Ride

Swim: :55min. 2500 Meters. 5:00am
Ride: 2:00, Mtn. bike, 23 miles, 3:45pm

Early morning swim, didn't have much speed, breathing wasn't all that great today. I'm not sure if it was the whey protein or the almond milk I had just before the swim. I had a couple of my almond butter bars and another whey protein shake in the afternoon and the breathing just didn't feel right. I was feeling great yesterday so I am thinking I will take both the Almonds and Whey out of my diet for a couple of days and then re-introduce each one separately to see what happens.

The temps were in the 70's here today so I was able to get out of work on time and was on my bike by 3:45...which gave me just about 2 hours of sunlight. I can't wait until the following weekend for daylight saving, I will be able to ride a little longer, yeah. Today's ride was pretty pathetic the first :45 min. or so, I was feeling tired, unmotivated, bored....started off just riding the road the first half of the ride but then once I hit the dirt trails I was fine. I wasn't fast but I enjoyed just being out there. I can't believe it's February and most of the trails are dry around the Denver area. Tomorrow will be just as nice, however, I will be in Idaho Springs so it won't be quite as warm. I kept my bike in the car so hopefully I can get out at noon for a quick ride up "Oh My God" road...

No comments: