Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday: Swim/ Ride

Swim: 2600 yrds
Ride: 2:15 Noon-2:30pm

Got up and swam at Evergreen Rec. I don't remember swimming there on a Sunday so I wasn't sure how crowded it was going to be, got my own lane so I was thrilled with that. Swim was okay, not much speed today but it was great just to be in the water. Andy was down in Denver swimming at Carmody. I thought about meeting him down there as I love the pool, I just wasn't in to the :25 min. drive down the canyon.

We both got home about the same time and then headed out on the mountain bikes for an easy cruise up here. The weather was beautiful....at least when we started! Clear blue skies and quite warm, however, an hour into the ride the clouds came rolling in and the temp. seemed to drop just a little. We rode for just over 2 hours which was my longest ride since the race last weekend.
It sure helped to have someone to ride with today. I was suppose to hook up with a couple of girls, one wanted to go at 9:00am...just a little to cold for me up here at that time of the day (in the low to mid 30's), the other gal said she didn't want to ride unless the temp got up to 50* by 10:00am...that sure wasn't going to happen either so at least I had a back-up with Andy!

I am feeling a little better today with my workouts but still not 100%. I think I was freaking out over the fact that I could only have 15 food items for the next week and how was I going to do it and have descent meals and not go hungry when working out. I ended making some Almond butter/millet/honey bars that were pretty good and packed well. It will be nice to have those for my other workouts during the week....hoping my energy level will get better as the week goes on, once I get all the crap out of my system...ie: sugar, alcohol, wheat, processed foods etc.

Now it's just a relaxing evening at home watching "Lost".....

No comments: