Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thursday: Ride/Swim

Ride: :30 indoor trainer 5:30-6:00am
Swim: 1:20 3200 Meters. 4:10-5:30pm

I was going to get up with Andy this morning at 4:45 to ride but still not too motivated to get out of bed early this week so I rolled out about 5:20am. I was able to squeeze in a half-way descent ride this morning albeit short. I didn't have to go to work until 8:00am so it was nice to have a little more time in the morning.

I headed to the pool right after work only to find out that the boys' high school swim team was there taking up most of the lanes. Bummer as now I will go back to swimming at 5:00am, I just like it when it's not very crowded, I tend to have better workouts when I don't have other distractions. There were two lanes available for lap swimming this afternoon...not too big of a deal until a big guy got into my lane and apparently didn't know how to "share" a lane! He literally swam down the middle of the lane and every time I had to pass him, which was quite often, my blood pressure would rise and I would just hope that I wouldn't get nailed by his flailing arms. All in all, I actually had a pretty good swim but just not a very hard one today.

Headed over to Vitamin Cottage after work to look for the 15 or so foods that I could have for the next week. My two starches are Aramanth and Millet...once I found them in flour form I was wondering what I would do with them once I got home. Two of the three fruits I can have are not in season which doesn't make this any easier. Papaya and Cantaloupe. I am very committed to this way of eating for the next 6 weeks, I am just so curious if it is really going to help my breathing. I will be taking some time this weekend to figure out menu's for the next week and learn how to make tortilla's and almond milk from scratch.

Tomorrow is Friday and my last "free" day of eating for a while. I am planning on taking my sister out to lunch for her birthday (which was last week) and then maybe out to dinner with Andy. I did 'take-out' Sushi tonight from the Wildflower Cafe for dinner as I won't be having that for quite some time and that will be something I will really miss.

No comments: