Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesday: Swim

Swim: :55 2700 Meters. 5:10am-6:05
500 W/Up
10x75 Pull on 1:20
100K
6x75 Fr/ba-br/Fr on 1:30
100K
6x75 Fr. on 1:20
100K-200 cooldown


No matter how much I hate getting up at 4:00am to be to the pool by 5:00 I feel so much better afterward. I just love swimming in the morning when no one else is in the pool. I feel great knowing that by 6:00am I have finished one workout for the day!

Got a call from my Dr. today about my foot x-ray. It is confirmed that I have a heel spur and was given a few stretches and other instructions over the phone. No bare feet for a few weeks, not even in the middle of the night, ice it 3 x's a day and do my calf/Achilles stretches 3 times a day. She said it would go away on it's own if I am very diligent about my rehab. So, after work I am headed to the shoe store to pick up some good shoes for the house. I have read that Birkenstocks have great support and those will be easy to put on and take off while at home.Worked a full day, Dr. Spencer mentioned that one of our hygienists Joanne was planning on retiring sometime this summer and he asked if I would take over her Wed....of course I said yes. I have been working in Idaho Springs for a few years but would like to get back to Denver another day of the week. Idaho Springs has been great but I need a change right now.

No comments: