Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday: Swim/Ride

Swim: 1:15 4,000 yards. 7:25-8:40am
600 w/up. 8x50's stroke work. 2x[500 pull/400Swim/300 BA/BR/200 Fast (2:40)/100K

Ride: 3:45 53 miles. Mtn. bike. Big Bike Path loop. 11:45am-4:00pm

Today was a great day. I got up early for my swim at Evergreen Rec. Center. It was a little crowded but was happy that I got to do my entire workout. I had to share a lane with 2 other guys that were not really swimmers....I think I passed them every 50!

I had a chiropractor appt. with Dr. Katy today to have her check out my heel. I have now been told I have a heel spur, bursitis and bone bruise. Dr. Katy recommended that I don't run for a few weeks to let things heal up, along with ice, new orthotics, Advil and Bromelain. I may try to do a hike this weekend but I have a feeling it won't feel all that great. Dr. Katy says a bone scan would tell me if I have a stress fracture, something she says I might get if I continue to run. Better to rest now then later in the season. I will try to get in for a bone scan this week if my physician will allow me to have one.

After the appt. Andy and I headed down to Morrison to do one of our easy bike path loops. We decided on the Mt. bikes due to possible gravel/ice/snow on the bike path. Good choice as we did have some sketchy parts. It was a beautiful day despite the wind. Starting in Morrison we headed north thru Golden, with a slight cross wind. From Golden we headed East on Clear Creek bike path with a wonderful tailwind, south to REI for a quick coffee and pastry. Makes the ride that much more enjoyable when one has a destination, on this loop ours is always the Starbucks at REI! Continued south on the Platte River trail to Bear Creek Bike Path. By this time the wind had died down a little but we still had a slight headwind going thru Bear Creek Park. Finished up in 3:45....not too bad for early season.

What a day....packed up the bikes and headed home to the hot tub. Neither one of us was in the mood (or had the energy) to cook so we went downtown (Evergreen) and tried out a new restaurant, "Bistro Blue Mexican Cuisine". It was pretty good and not too terribly expensive. It's nice to have another choice to eat up here, we are so limited in good restaurants.

No comments: