Friday, February 27, 2009

Ski day at Copper Mountain

Today was a ski day....Andy and I met up with one of my girlfriends and we headed off to Copper Mountain for a few hours. Erlinda has kids so we got a 9:00am start and had to be back by 3pm...which was perfect for us. We all tele ski and 3-4 hours is about all I can handle right now.

The weather was beautiful here in Evergreen today, clear blue skies but a little chilly. By the time we got to Copper it was snowing lightly, WINDY and cold. I would say it was about 22 degrees but with the wind it seemed a little cooler. Andy unloaded the ski's for us and he surprised me with a new pair of Schi Devil Telemark ski's!I was just floored. I had told him numerous times that I did not need a new pair of ski's as the ones that I have had for over 10 years were good enough. Boy, how wrong I was. I had the best day of skiing that I ever remember, all due to the new ski's. I wasn't sure I would even be able to tell a difference but sure enough, from the very first run, I skied so much better than I ever have. I wished I could have skied on them longer today but we were all getting a little too cold so we actually ended our day about 30 min. earlier than planned.

Had a slow drive home as the roads seemed to be a little slick and some heavy traffic but by the time we were over the pass and down to Georgetown, it was clear blue skies and dry roads. We got home in time to sit in the hot tub (for the 2nd time today;) and later plan on watching a movie.

No comments: