Sunday, February 8, 2009

Green Mountain, what I hiked and Andy ran today.
Hike: :45min.
Swim: 1:00 3000 yards.
600 w/up
4x50 work on stroke
500 Pull
400 Swim
300 Back/Breast
200 Fast (2:41)
100 K
8x75 on 1:15-1:30
100 cooldown.

This morning we slept in again, this time until 8:00am. Pretty unusual for us but we didn't get to bed until about midnight. We stayed up late last night watching "Ghandi". I can't believe neither one of us had seen it, what a great movie. It was quite long and it actually had an intermission half way thru!

After doing a few things around the house we headed down the hill so Andy could run at Green Mt. I decided to do a little hike and take a few pics of the day. Andy wanted to run about 1:10 and I hiked about :45 min. or so. The weather was actually much nicer than forcasted, a little cloud cover but virtually no wind and temps in the low40's.I was a little bummed that I couldn't run as the weather was perfect for it, however, no running for me for a few weeks until I can get my heel figured out. It was bothering me after today's hike so I know it was a good decision to take some time off. Oh well, I figured I would be able to get in a good workout in the pool as soon as Andy finished up his run.
Me hiking on Green Mountain...
My hike up the Zorro trail, overlooking redrocks

We drove over to Carmody pool for a long swim....or so I thought. I got in the water and felt like I hadn't swum in over a year. My arms were tired, my legs were tired, I was tired and I had no oomph! I was hoping to get in at least a 4k but it was all I could do to finish a 3k. I looked over at Andy has he was literally hanging on the side of the pool and asked him if he felt as bad as I did. He said he hadn't felt this bad in the water in years. We both came to the conclusion it was due to our long days of working out the past 3 days finally catching up to us. We both got in some good yardage but couldn't wait to get out of the water and get some food in us.

We went straight out for burgers, something I crave after hard workouts....not like todays' workout was all that hard physically but it was tough just getting thru it! A little shopping afterwards and then home to just chill out. Plan to watch another movie, possibly "Lawerence of Arabia". Have never seen that one either.

No comments: