Sunday, January 25, 2009


Well, I finally made it out the door for my run....5 hours later! I didn't seem to get much accomplished today, took the recycling in and then by 3:30pm I was on the trail. The sun had been peaking out most of the day, however, by the time I got on the trail the clouds rolled in and it was a total fog. I had seen the large herd of elk in the meadow just before I started the run and I was just hoping I wouldn't spook them while I was out there. It was definitely colder than the 20* my car thermometer said, probably due to the fact that the sun was well behind the clouds by now and the humidity was very high, so much so that it was freezing my face (and hair). After running for about 15 min. I finally warmed up and the rest of the run was great. I got in a good 45 min. with a few pushes on the hills.

Tomorrow I need to swim, let's hope I can get out of bed at a reasonable time to hit the pool. I have decided that I want to do a 2 mile swim in March, so that gives me a good 2 months to prepare for that. I also have the quadrathlon in less than 3 weeks so I better not be slacking on my riding and running.

If Andy were home he would motivate me to get out there, however, he will be down at work and running errands tomorrow so I will be on my own. I posted a picture of me running out in Solvang, CA.....

No comments: