Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday at Copper


Andy and I a couple of weeks ago at Copper Mountain.

Tele-Ski 10:00am-3:00pm 4 hours. Copper Mtn. 22*-34*


What a great day! Andy and I both had today off (a friday) so we decided to head up to the Mountains for a day of skiing at Copper Mountain. The temp was wonderful, ~30* by the afternoon and the snow was actually pretty good. We did find our way onto a double black run by mistake, it was a glade run so we had some pretty tight turns to make. We were pretty happy with ourselves once we made it out of the woods but we were ready for a "cruiser" after that one. Not knowing the run we weren't quite sure what we had gotten ourselves into, lots of exposed rocks/trees but afterwards what a confidence booster.

I am still getting my boots dialed and today they felt pretty good. I was happy with the fit. My first turn of the day though I tweaked my Left groin so my turns were not as aggressive as I would have liked them to have been. We skied lots of terrain but never made it over to Resolution Bowl but did do some runs at Union bowl....which was very nice and not too crowded. We called it a day by 3pm.

We spent the night up in Dillon, I got a great deal at a hotel, $70 at Best Western (with a gov. rate thanks to my husbands job ), we had a wonderful soak in their large hot tub and then tomorrow we plan to skateski and snowshoe at Frisco Nordic Center heading back home in the afternoon. We had a nice dinner tonight at "Pug Ryans", a very crowded brewery that I swear, the entire town of Dillon was hanging out in there!

No comments: