Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thursday-Swim


Swim: :50 min. 5:10am-6:00 am.
800 warm up
10 broken 150's. 75 cruise(1:15)/50fast (:45)/ 25 easy (1:00)
3 of these were pulls. 200K.
200 cooldown.


Another early start to my day. I left the house at 4:30am and arrived at the Rec. center at 4:50...a little early but the roads were clear today. I had a great swim, water was a little warm. I only had about 5 sec. rest after the 75's, 2 sec. rest after the 50 and :20-:30 after the 25. After the first 5 x 150's I did a 100K and then 3x150's pull, the last 2 were swims. I felt like my arms were going to fall off when I was pulling as I was trying to keep the same times as when I was just swimming.

After work I was hoping to get out for a run but my foot was bothering me just a little so I don't want to run 2 days in a row until I get my new orthodics. My acupuncturist told me he thought I had a heel spur but the Pedorthist said it was bursitis caused from my old orthodics. I just need to take it easy.

So, instead of running I went over to Bent Gate and had my ski boots fitted. The boots needed some foam for the heel area and while I was walking around in the store they felt fine. I did have a little heel lift but not as much as before. Andy and I are skiing tomorrow at Copper Mountain so i will see how they do.

Headed out for sushi tonight for dinner. The Wildflower Cafe does Sushi on Thursdays and Andy knows how much I love sushi so it's a given that if we are both home on a Thursday night we head to town. It was a little cold to walk today but in the spring we will be walking the 15 min. to the cafe....

No comments: