Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturday at Frisco Ski-Snowshoe

Me on my 2nd loop of the day climbing up Crown Point.
Skate Ski: 2:00
Snowshoe: :40 min.

Today we got up at 7:30am, how nice was that to sleep in!!! It was only 5* so we decided on breakfast and coffee (for Andy) before heading out to the Frisco Nordic ski area. We arrived there about 9:45am and we were on the trails by 10:00am. the temperature was 20* and rising fast. Andy and I have our standard loop that we like to do as a warm up, we took a few breaks, took some video and pics and by 11:30am we were ready for our 2nd loop. I took a little longer break than he did and then I went and skied another :50 min. (doing Crown point and Jody's Nugget). We then transitioned into snowshoes where Andy did a 7.5k loop and I did the shorter 4k loop, walking anything that had an uphill incline to it! My legs were totally trashed from the Tele-mark skiing we did yesterday and the 2 hours of skate-skiing I did just before the snowshoe.

After skiing we had some lunch in Dillon (sushi for me, mexican for Andy) and then we had a pretty easy drive home. here are a few pics of the day.


Me on my first loop of the day.

Andy and I on the Frisco Bay Loop


Me on my snowshoe run/hike

Andy just after he finished his snowshoe...

No comments: