Saturday, January 24, 2009

My Summer plans

So, this is my first post, a good way to start out my year and write down all my training stuff. It will be interesting to see how it goes and if I can keep up with it.

I have just signed up for the Boulder Peak Triathlon Series, finally making a commitment to something this summer. I was asked just yesterday what my plans were for the year and I was a little sad that I didn't have anything going on. As of today, I pretty much have most of the summer figured out. I will start off with a 10 mile trail race in Fruita on April 17th, then in May I have signed up for the Ironhorse bike race/10 mile run/1 mile swim in Durango. June takes us to a 24 hour mtn. bike race that I will do with girlfriends and a sprint triathlon in Boulder. July I will ride the Triple Bypass, the Boulder Peak Triathlon and at the end of the month a 50 mile mtn. bike race in Leadville. For August I will have the 5430 Half Ironman race in Boulder and then relax the rest of the month. Andy will be racing Leadville 100 the weekend after my half so it will be perfect timing for me. I will be his support crew and not care about getting in a workout that weekend. September there is the Golden Leaf Half marathon in Aspen or the Imogene Pass run...I will wait a while before I decide on that.

Now the question becomes, how am I going to go about training for all of this? I was asked if I would get a coach but right now the "spare funds" are a little low so I figured I would save a little and use my notes/training logs from a few years ago. I think it's been over 2 years since I have done a triathlon but I figure between my previous training experience and the voice of my husband, I will make it work. Still trying to decide what I want for my "A" race, the Leadville 50 or the Peak Series....

Wow, looking at all the races/events I guess I do have a pretty full schedule, hope it all works out okay.

I will start training tomorrow. I figured I am still recovering from my half-marathon I did last weekend...today I was able to catch up on sleep and enjoy a nice walk to town with Andy. It was just beautiful up here today, had I known it was going to be so nice I would have been out on the bike.


No comments: