Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Evergreen Lake House

I hear that the mountains are getting dumped on but here in Evergreen, it's just lightly snowing with less than an inch of coverage. I wish I were up skiing but work get's in the way. I was so excited that my boss called me this morning to tell me that my first patient canceled. I work at 12:30pm. on Mondays so I have to hustle around the house to get things done, get in a workout and plan dinner...of course all of this after sleeping in until 7:30am.

I was on the bike trainer when the boss called so I decided to stay on for an extra episode of "Lost". The beauty of being able to ride indoors is that I feel so productive. I get caught up on TV shows and movies. As most of you know, Andy and I have been living with out TV for 5 years now. Granted, we do have a very nice big screen TV, however, we get absolutely NO TV reception, only static on every channel. It has been one of the best decisions we have ever made. Anyway, it is so nice to be able to watch something when we want and exactly what we want. No commercials, no Tivo, no channel surfing (which we were both guilty of and it drove me crazy).

So, Andy and I have become addicted to the TV show "Lost". We are a season behind but I love it when we can watch the entire season in a matter of 2 weeks! During the winter, when the weather is nasty, is the time we watch the most movies and shows. Blockbuster and the local library's have wonderful selections. This winter we have decided to rent some of the Classics which I have never seen before, "Lawrence of Arabia", "Ghandi", "Dr. Zhivago", "The Apartment", "West Side Story" etc.... Some of them are quite long so I may have to watch them in 2 spinning sessions!

Well, my hour and a half spin is overwith and now it's time to go to work. I was hoping to get in a swim today but I really didn't feel like heading out into the bitter cold of 12*. I will just have to find another time this week to squeeze it in, I am glad I got in a good ride though...and even made dinner, oh how I love my crockpot!

No comments: